Corporate Investigations Council Symposium and 6th Fraud, Corruption & Investigations Summit
1-3 October 2013, NH Barbizon Place, Amsterdam
- Corporate Investigation Council Symposium
1 October 2013
- 6th Fraud, Corruption & Investigations Summit
2 & 3 October 2013
MIS Training Institute presents the 6th Annual Fraud, Corruption & Investigations Summit, which will take attendees through the whole process of dealing with fraud, corruption and misconduct. The programme will explore investigation strategies - from the initial detection, anti-bribery, ethics, to effectively managing investigations, response, risk assessments, the changing face of digital forensics, including how to deal with misconduct, compliance and technology challenges.
Hear about real life frauds and walk away with proven strategies for how you can stop similar frauds in your organisation. Plus proven tips from senior practitioners who are actively involved in managing in running successful investigations programmes day to day on fraud, corruption and misconduct.
Confirmed International Speaker Panel for the Summit and Symposium Includes...
Chaired / Facilitated by
- Simon Scales,
Fraud & Misconduct Investigations,
BP International Limited, UK
International Speakers including
- Alexander Gaft,
Group Head of Corporate Investigations, Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation PLC
- Alexander van den Boogaard, Director Internal Audit, Mexx Europe International B.V.
- Asif Bhatti,
Head of Internal Audit & Risk Management, John Lewis Partnership plc.
- Bob Randall,
Head of Group Security, A.B. Food
- Bruno Schiemsky,
Head of Investigations Barclays Africa, Barclays, Kenya
- Cecilia Garcia Podoley,
Compliance Manager, EMEA,
ADM International Sàrl, Switzerland
- Charles Leacock, QC,
Director of Public Prosecutions, Department of Public Prosecution, Barbados
- Crawford Robinson, BAT Security, British American Tobacco
- Emmanuel Pascal, Group Corporate Audit Manager, Brakes Group, France
- Jermyn P. Brooks, Chair, Business Advisory Board, Transparency International, Germany
- Professor Mark Button,
Director of the Centre for Counter Fraud Studies, Institute of Criminal Justice Studies, University of Portsmouth
- Michael Colao, Head of Information Security UK & Ireland, AXA Group, UK provisionally confirmed
- Neil Fletcher,
Director of Investigations Eastern Hemisphere, BP plc.
- Nick Burkill,
Partner and Co-Head, London Trial Department and Co-Chair, Anti-Corruption Practice Group, Dorsey & Whitney
- Nigel Espin,
Recently Vice President Corporate Security and Anti-Illicit Trade Operations, Japan Tobacco International
- Paul Roden, Global Head of Investigations, Diageo
- Ryan D. Newcombe,
Head of Investigations, Ethics and Compliance, Supreme Group, UAE
- Steve Humphries, Audit Director, SAB Miller
- Tammy Hurst, SVP, Global Financial Crimes Compliance, Fraud Investigations Group, Bank of America, U.S.
- Tony Lewis, Partner, Field Fisher Waterhouse LLP, UK
- W. Peter Tickner, Director, Peter Tickner Associates Ltd (Former Head of Internal Audit, Metropolitan Police)
Key Strands the key priority and challenging areas within:
- Investigation & Examination, Interviewing & Reporting
- Legal, Ethics & Compliance, Anti-corruption programmes
- Transparency, awareness, Professional Development
- Prevention & Deterrence
- Accounting & Auditing , Financial Transactions & Fraud Schemes
- Computers & Technology - Forensic audits, eDiscovery, investigating and processing data through technology, incident handling, computer forensics, information management and data mining
- Build global professional contacts and new partnerships for future co-operations in public and private sectors
- Develop investigation and audit capacity through share of best practice approaches by top companies globally
- Keep up with the ever evolving techniques to face cyber crime, as criminals become more innovative and sophisticated and hear the latest insights on internet investigations
- Strengthen performance indicators to gain maximum return on investment and mitigate cost cutting
- Commit to actionable points on deploying effective anti bribery/ corruption programmes this event is not an 'end in itself'!
- Enjoy extended networking with colleagues who share similar ambitions, challenges and goals
- Deploy effective anti bribery and corruption programmes and the strategies to implement, monitor and report
Includes the Inaugural 1-Day Event:
Corporate Investigation Council Symposium
Proudly sharing strategic initiatives, investigative best practice and unique networking activities with senior investigative practitioners within the corporate sector
MIS Training Institute is honoured and delighted that the 6th Annual Fraud, Corruption & Misconduct Investigations Summit will, this year, host the inaugural Corporate Investigation Council Symposium, taking place prior to the summit on 1st October 2013 the ideal place to share the successes and challenges faced by today's investigators.
This is a unique one-day information, knowledge and practical sharing exchange of
strategic initiatives, good practice, networking and resourcing of investigations, led by some of the finest senior investigation practitioners in the corporate sector. The Symposium will be held strictly under the Chatham House Rule no vendors, advisories or media will participate in this part of the event - thereby encouraging investigators to interact and share experiences and approaches openly and candidly.
The Chatham House Rule will apply to the Symposium:
'When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed'.
Find out more!
Testimonials from Recent Fraud & Corruption Summits Held Across Europe, Africa, Middle East
"A unique mixture of experts and practitioners supported by excellent content and organization!"
Former Auditor General, World Bank
"'A conference with a high level speakers and content - as ever unmissable!"
CEO, Money Transfer International
"MIS is the leader training institution for strategies for the fight against corruption in the African continents, encouraging Africans to find African solutions to corruption"
Auditor General (State), Office of the Auditor-General, Kano State, Nigeria
"A great experience & very rewarding useful knowledge"
Head of Internal Audit, Crown Prince Court, UAE
"An interesting journey through Fraud and Corruption from experienced colleagues"
Head of Legal Services, European Patent Office
"My first visit to the summit was a great opportunity to meet with colleagues from all over the world and share experiences"
Senior Financial Auditor, ADP