7th Audit, Risk & Governance Africa Conference
Capacity Building for Leadership, Accountability & Governance
27-31 August 2012, Mombasa, Kenya
MIS Training Institute presents the flagship 7th Annual Audit, Risk & Governance Africa Conference, hosted in Mombasa, Kenya (27-31 August 2012). This unique event is where senior audit and risk executives mingle with CEOs, Auditor Generals and politicians alike from across Africa - all with a common goal: to strengthen accountability, leadership and transparency through sharing best practices in managing risk, audit and governance control strategies.
"Value" focus for 2012 - given the global economic outlook, the need for auditors to focus on managing priority risks in a financially efficient way has never been greater. Each case study session will therefore advise on strategies on how to 'do more with less' and how to measure true success. Commitment to action & solid capacity building - MIS invites all participants to contribute to:
- Input priorities and implement concrete action points before, during and after the event
- Share personal and corporate progress with peers (new measures, implementations, achievements...) made as a result of attending previous MIS Audit, Risk & Governance Africa conferences
- Form a pan-African networking community through ongoing exchange with new and existing peers
AGENDA FOR 2012...
Monday 27th Aug: Capacity Building for Leadership, Accountability & Transparency in Africa
Tuesday 28th Aug: Providing Assurance: Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Ethics & Reporting
Wednesday 29th Aug: Detection, Prevention & Investigation of Fraud & Corruption
Thursday 30th Aug: Information Governance & the IT Audit Horizon
Friday 31st Aug: African Audit Directors' RoundtablE
SPECIAL KEYNOTES BY:
- Mr. Edward R. O. Ouko, The Auditor General, Kenya National Audit Office
- Mr. Anthony T. Gitonga, Leadership Author, Speaker & Coach
- Ms. Agnes Odhiambo, Controller of Budget, Office of the Controller of Budget, Government of Kenya
- Mrs. Kaol Auma Oyugi Mary Olielo, Senior Assistant Commissioner of Police & Chief, Interpol National Central Bureau,
- Mr. Anthony R. P. Williams, Non Executive Director, FBN Bank (UK) Ltd., London
- Mr. Patrick Obath, Managing Consultant, Eduardo and Associates
Ms. Regina M. Muzamai, Director, Office of Internal Audit, African Union Commission
KEYNOTES, CASE STUDIES, ROUNDTABLES, WORKSHOPS BY:
- African Union
- Ageas Limited
- Al Rajhi Bank Group KSA
- Barclays (prov.)
- National AIDS Commission Malawi
- Citigroup Inc.
- Equity Bank
- First Bank Nigeria
- FirstRand Group
- Government of Kenya
- KenGen (prov.)
- Kenya Airways
- Kenya Commercial Bank
- Kenya Energy Alliance Ltd
- Kenya National Audit Office
- NedBank Group
- SABMiller PLC
- Safaricom Ltd
- Tom Tom N.V. (prov.)
- Gautrain Management Agency South Africa
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development, Uganda
- Mobile Telephone Networks (MTN) Cameroon
NEW LIVELY INTERACTIVE SESSIONS:
Competition to win prizes best practice strategies & achievements shared on:
- Controlling social media in your organisation
- 'Doing more with less' achievements
- Most effective control on highest risk
- Politicians' view how to win hearts & minds & achieve true bite!
- Panel of CEOs share thoughts on governance & expectations from audit!
- Debates: Who should own risk?; How to manage conflicts of interest
- Networking events with peers internationally enjoy dinners & NEW afternoon cultural tour of Mombasa!
- Full audience input stand up & share sessions, closed door drill downs
- Afternoon workshops plus panels & group discussions on the subjects that matter
- Developing strong leadership motivational coaching by Mr. Anthony T. Gitonga!
- Professionalism & the ethos of internal audit in Africa today group discussion on what needs to happen!
- Audit Committees & Non-Executive Directors rare share insights on effective reporting
- African Audit Directors' Roundtable draw up resolutions to create a solid action plan for implementation!
"Thought provoking and practical. Inspiring with concrete lessons and suggestions for implementation"
Head, Environment & Board Member, Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) of Nigeria
"The conference was interesting and relevant to my organisation I believe there were issues I could personally apply to improve from this wonderful experience. Very engaging leaving me better exposed to international best practice. This experience sure will help me in the task of positioning the Benue State Internal Revenue Service, Nigeria, as a player in the public sector domain that adopts global best audit and governance practice"
Executive Chairman, Benue State Int. Rev. Service, Nigeria
"It was such an eye opener that brought out issues that can be done better to improve the internal audit function"
Fred Oyugi, Chief Internal Auditor, Kenya Ports Authority
"MIS Training Institute conference provides networking opportunities, at the same time provides an excellent understanding of the audit function to the participants. Sharing experiences across Africa, and powerful messages from the speakers"
Board of Director, Bank of Tanzania
"It was an excellent programme dealing with corruption, fraud and security in the current environments and the role of internal audit and IT systems"
Audit Committee Member, Bank of Tanzania
"The conference provides a unique opportunity to audit executives to get the right exposure on contemporary audit aspects and exciting professional interactions"
Chief Internal Auditor, Tanzania Fertilizer Co. Ltd
"Excellent and very educational"
Manager Internal Audit, Uganda Electricity Company
"MIS conferences are designed for the chief executive auditors to understand the dynamics of internal auditing and its changing adaptation to the constant changing dynamic world environment"
"MIS workshops not only deliver good content training, excellent speakers but also wonderful networking opportunities! Plus very nice venues!"
Board Director, Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission (KACC)
For further programme information or to participate, please contact Sara Hook, Director of Conferences, MIS Training Institute, Tel: +44 (0)20 7779 7200.