International Conference on
26th- 27th June 2008, The Vintner's Hall, London UNITED KINGDOM
Conference: 26th & 27th June 2008, Vintners' Hall, London
Cocktail & Dinner: 26th June 2008, The Honourable Society of Gray's Inn
THE FIRST CONFERENCE TO TREAT DIGITAL EVIDENCE FULLY ON AN INTERNATIONAL PLATFORM...
12 CPD HOURS - ACCREDITED BY THE LAW SOCIETY & THE BAR STANDARDS BOARD
This event has also been accredited on an ad hoc basis under the Faculty's CPD Scheme and will qualify for 12 hours
Understanding the Technology: Best Practice & Principles for Judges, Lawyers, Litigants, the Accused & Information Security & Digital Evidence Specialists
MIS is hosting & developing this event in partnership with & under the guidance of Stephen Mason, Barrister & Visiting Research Fellow, Digital Evidence Research, British Institute of International and Comparative Law.
Mr. Mason is in charge of the programme's content and is the author of Electronic Signatures in Law (Tottel, 2nd edn, 2007) [This text covers 98 jurisdictions including case law from Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, England & Wales, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland and the United States of America]. He is also an author and general editor of Electronic Evidence: Disclosure, Discovery & Admissibility (LexisNexis Butterworths, 2007) [This text covers the following jurisdictions: Australia, Canada, England & Wales, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, New Zealand, Scotland, Singapore, South Africa and the United States of America]. Register Now!
Stephen is also International Electronic Evidence, general editor, (British Institute of International and Comparative Law, 2008), ISBN 978-1-905221-29-5, covering the following jurisdictions: Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand and Turkey.
Digital evidence is ubiquitous, and to such an extent, that it is used in courts every day in criminal, family, maritime, banking, contract, planning and a range of other legal matters. It will not be long before the only evidence before most courts across the globe will all be in the form of digital evidence: photographs taken from mobile telephones, e-mails from Blackberries and laptops, and videos showing criminal behaviour on You Tube are just some of the examples. Now is the time for judges, lawyers and in-house counsel to understand (i) that they need to know some of the issues and (ii) they cannot ignore digital evidence, because the courts deal with it every day, and the amount will increase as time goes by. The aim of the conference will be to alert judges, lawyers (in-house lawyers as well as lawyers in practice), digital forensic specialists, police officers and IT directors responsible for conducting investigations to the issues that surround digital evidence.
Key Reasons To Attend:
- Learn from a prestigious speaker panel spanning over 16 different jurisdictions
- Keep up to date with the world of digital evidence to continue administering the judicial system properly and fairly
- Demonstrate to clients and litigants that digital evidence is not some arcane new-fangled form of evidence that is best left to the future
- Take up the challenge by becoming familiar with the issues that experts deal with every day
- Share experiences with the world's leading digital evidence specialists and in-house practitioners
- Network and build trust-based relationships at the reception and dinner at Gray's Inn, while enjoying 'historic legal London!
- Gain unrivalled access to both the legal and information security communities...
Who Will Attend the International Conference on Digital Evidence:
- Legal - judges, barristers, general counsel / in house lawyers, lawyers in practice
- Technology - heads of e-forensics digital forensic specialists, chief information security officers, IT directors, heads of e-crime
- Law Enforcement - police officers, e-crime and e-forensics specialists
.... from across the world. This is the first conference to treat this subject fully on an international platform.
The speaker panel includes five judges from different international jurisdictions:
- Senior Master Whitaker, Senior Master of the Supreme Court of England and Wales, Queen's Bench Division, Royal Courts of Justice & the Queens Remembrancer (UK)
- The Honourable Judge Francis M. Allegra, U.S. Court of Federal Claims (U.S.)
- The Honourable Judge Dr. Ehab Elsonbaty, Senior Judge, Damanhour Court (Egypt)
- The Honourable Judge Jumpol Pinyosinwat, Presiding Judge, Central Intellectual Property and International Trade Court (Thailand)
- Honourable Justice J.E. (Ted) Scanlan, Supreme Court of Nova Scotia (Canada)
- Charles Leacock, QC, Director of Public Prosecutions (Barbados)
View the full speaker line up here
Guidance software who are sponsoring the event have provided this case study as an example of the challenges faced with digital evidence
2-Day Conference - £1,350 Full conference documentation, certificate, lunches are included. Plus Reception and Dinner at The Honourable Society of Gray's Inn
Don't Miss the Reception and Dinner at The Honourable Society of Gray's Inn!
MIS Training Institute sits within the Euromoney Training Group, as a division of Euromoney Institutional Investor Plc (FTSE250). The group also includes Legal Media Group, Euromoney Legal Training, Euromoney Books, and other related legal services within the publishing and training community. Euromoney Institutional Investor Plc is part of the Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT).
The Reception and Dinner is an integral part of the conference and is included in your registration fee. It will take place in the beautiful and historic Hall of the Honourable Society of Gray's Inn. All Conference attendees and their guests are invited to attend
Euromoney Training Group is registered with the Law Society in London for CPD Hours.
MIS Training Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, and CISSP Information Security CPE hours.
The full agenda will be available in the next few months to receive your copy first add your details to our mailing list
For speaking /sonsorship/partnership opportunities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org